Our iPGCE programme is delivered through an award-winning online platform. Provided in partnership with the University of Derby, it blends applied teaching theory with classroom practise, and draws upon decades of practical, classroom-based teaching expertise and higher education provision.
Your programme with consist of two core modules:
- Developing effective subject knowledge and pedagogy
- Investigating strategies for raising pupil learning and achievement
Throughout your programme, you’ll be supported by iPGCE pathway tutor and school mentor.
Successful completion of your programme will lead to the award of International Postgraduate Certificate in Education by Derby.
Our iPGCE programme will help you to:
- Become an empowered, reflective practitioner and manager in education who can be an agent of change
- Critically engage with a wide range of education issues from a multidisciplinary subject/phase perspective
- Develop models of good practice by drawing on a range of literature and comparing your own teaching practice to existing good practice models
- Build upon your professional experience to link theory with research, policy and practice in international education and development